This is a great project for kids as well as adults, the best part of this project is that you can have the kids do all the work and you enjoy a great aromatherapy bath, who does not like that? With short days and extra time at hand in the evening now is the perfect time to do this with your kids or by yourself. I found the recipe online and there is only 3 different ingredients not counting water.
Citric Acid can be found in any store usually in the canning or baking section usually next to your baking soda. Citric acid is a weak organic acid. It is a natural preservative/conservative and is also used to add an acidic, or sour, taste to foods and soft drinks.
Baking Soda is usually easily accessible from your kitchen cabinet and is said to be a great detoxification bath ingredient. Detoxification Baths are intended for drawing toxins out of our Bod, according to Dr. Graham Simpson and colleagues in the book, "Spa Medicine: Your Gateway to the Ageless Zone" The authors describe a two-week series of detox baths that involve using a 1/2 cup of baking soda in a tub of water that's a comfortable temperature. The detoxification bath method consists of soaking in the bath for 10 to 20 minutes twice a week, with at least two days between each bath.
Bath Balls Recipe
- 1 cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Citric Acid
- 15 drops of Essential Oil
- Water in a spray bottle
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl using your hands some people use a mixer I found that it makes to much dust and it's sufficient when you use your hands.
- Slowly add Essential Oil to the dry mixture, 1 drop at a time mixing it in slowly with the dry ingredients.
- This part can be a bit tricky, because if you add to much water the mixture will start fizzing and it will be a large volcano project. Using your spray bottle mix the mixture while adding one spray at a time.
- Form, you can form the fizz balls using your hands or finding a form that can be used. I used Easter eggs as forms as well as just using hands to make them in to small balls.
- Store your finished Bath Balls in air tight container and use 1-2 balls by adding them in to your bath tub.